Reusing a Fish Tank
Can I reuse a turtle tank for fish?Can a fish tank be reused for a turtle?
The Short answer to this question is yes, but there are some requirements beforehand.There is a chance that your fish/turtle/other pet had some kind of bacteria associated with it that may cause harm to other species. In order to ensure that your habitat is safe for your pet you should take the following steps:
- Take it outside and give it a good wash with dish soap and rinse it well
- Next fill it full and add 4-5 cups of bleach
- Next Stir the mixture of water and bleach around for a few minutes and let it sit for 30 minutes or so
- After the time has passed empty the tank and allow it to dry in the sun. The remaining bleach residue (if any) will be broken down by the sun and its UV rays
- After it has dried, give it one final rinse and then it is ready to be set up!
We highly recommend testing the PH levels and ensuring everything is stable.