CALIFORNIA GURL

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:32 pm

HEY ME AND KAI \'ANELA MY 6MONTH OLD BABY RES THANK YOU LOL U GAVE ME THE IDEA OF A HAWAIIAN NAME SO I WENT TO THE HAWAIIAN PHRASES WEBSITE AND NAMED MY BABY
KAI \'ANELA IT MEANS SEA ANGEL SO THANX LOL
LAYLA

------------------
PROUD OWNER OF ~KAI\'ANELA~ 6MONTH OLD RES
ladyangel
Level 1
Level 1

Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:53 am

hi layla. a few days ago u had asked if i knew how to tell age by the size. from what i\'ve researched, a hatchling is about the size of a quarter, so the guess of your res at 6 months sounds pretty accurate. my other painteds, all i know is that they are adult because of their size, i\'ll learn more as my baby grows. as far as sex, it takes a baby a few years of maturity to really be sure. even with research i was unsure of what sex bigboy(my 1st female,lol) was, i even took her to my local petstore & they weren\'t sure. i didn\'t figure it out until my daughter gave me my 1st male. a female has shorter claws than a male, & her cloaca opening is farther from the plastron, a male\'s is more lined up with the carapace. i suggest that you do more research, there is so much to learn. have fun with baby, your knowledge will grow as he does also.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:49 pm

ladyangel, thanx i guessesd on the basis of how lond id had it and how big it was when i receieved it lol
sxbunny
Level 2
Level 2

Mon May 23, 2005 11:16 am

just checking my avatar. thanks
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon May 23, 2005 12:47 pm

ladyangel wrote:her cloaca opening is farther from the plastron, a male\'s is more lined up with the carapace
That is actually backward, the male's cloaca is closer to the tip of the tail and the female's cloaca is closer to the plastron. :D

http://members.shaw.ca/turtles/sexing.htm
  • Information