My Turtle

Discussions about turtles.
sugarvaulter

I got a Red-Eared Slider named Toby for my 19th birthday form ym boyfriend. :D I absolutely love him. It is my first turtle... the pet store owner said he had beautiful markings, and he has beena veyr healthy turtle so far. I just wanted to share a picture of my little boy here... I\'ll probably have lots of questions to ask. :)

http://www.idreamofgina.com/IMG_0004.jpg

Go there to see him. :D

And introduce yourselves!

~Gina
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Wow she\'s a cutie. Is it a boy? Hard to tell in the picture. How old is s/he? 1 years old?

Cheers,
JJ
sugarvaulter

I am not sure of the gender, only 3-4 months old. We refer to \"him\" as a \"boy\" but we really aren\'t sure. :-)
~Gina
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Read the other post in this forum. I explained how to sex the turtles when they get older...

Nice turtle... It looks older than 3-4 months. I find as RES get older, their shell gets darker. Your RES doesn\'t look like a hatchling. Hatchlings are usually a lighter green.

How long is the turtle\'s carpace (upper shell)? I can give you an approximate age then.

Cheers,
JJ
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

I agree with JJ. Your turtle looks a little older than what the pet shop said. No big deal, maybe they didn\'t know. But he\'s definitly older than 3-4 months. He is beautiful. Good luck.
deesygirl

What a cutie!
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Did you buy him at the pet store? Because if you did he should be at least 4\". Which would mean he is older, closer to a year.

He is very nice looking! He does have very pretty markings and nice coloring! Its hard to tell but it looks like his vent is out away from his plastrone, and towards the end of the tale which would mean he was male.

Well let us know how he does!!:)
mafianick
Level 1
Level 1

lulumac1 wrote:
Did you buy him at the pet store? Because if you did he should be at least 4\". Which would mean he is older, closer to a year.

He is very nice looking! He does have very pretty markings and nice coloring! Its hard to tell but it looks like his vent is out away from his plastrone, and towards the end of the tale which would mean he was male.

Well let us know how he does!!:)
he is smaller than 4, they wouldent sell him, but with some arm twisting and persuading :D

he is probably around 3
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

You can take him out of the tank and mark his width on a peice of paper, then measure that with a ruler. That way you\'ll know for sure. I was also just curious. What pet store did you get him from? I bought my Ringo at pet smart, but they didn\'t really keep him in very good conditions. Just wondering.
mafianick
Level 1
Level 1

Just a little local shop here on the central coast, CA
ginny_sara
Level 1
Level 1

purdy turtle! s/he\'s smiling! :)
  • Information