turtles eat pebbles?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.

I WAS LOOKING AT MY TURTLE AND I SAW HER EATING THE PEBBLES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK I got SCARED AND TOOK THE PEBBLES OUT.IF SHE EAT THEM IS She GONNA DIE? CAN THEY HURT HER? I LOVE MY TURTLE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY QUESTIONS!
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

Just keep a close eye on her. Some turtles eat pebbles and it never bothers them. Some however, will have problems. You did right by taking the gravel out. Keep an eye on her and good luck.
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

My little girl has eaten hundreds of pebles. But she is still active and eating, HEALTHY!!!!! Don\'t worry about it, athough they may get prolapse. If this happens, go to the Turtle First aid section on this site.
Willie

Willie wrote:
My little girl has eaten hundreds of pebles. But she is still active and eating, HEALTHY!!!!! Don\'t worry about it, athough they may get prolapse. If this happens, go to the Turtle First aid section on this site.
Willie

Willie wrote:
Willie

turtlecrazed wrote:
Just keep a close eye on her. Some turtles eat pebbles and it never bothers them. Some however, will have problems. You did right by taking the gravel out. Keep an eye on her and good luck.

Willie wrote:
Willie
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Willie, I seriously don\'t think you should continue to allow your turtle to eat rocks. It isn\'t healthy!! Also prolapse can be very serious, and is better to avoid all together!
Last edited by lulumac1 on Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information