Can you take your turtle travling with you?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

I am a college student how is planning on going home for the holidays. I have to take my turtle with me because no one here can take care of it. I plan on setting up a tank at my house once I get there for my turtle but I have a ten hour drive home. Will he be OK to travel that far without being in water? What should I put him in? Any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated!
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

Val-
Get one of those plastic critter keepers that they sell in stores...don\'t get it too much larger than the turtle, or he could flip over on his back while you are driving. Or you could get a small rubbermaid containter depending on sixe of your turtle. I like the critter keepers because they are clear...
Anyways- next line the bottom of the critter keeper with a wet washrag or towel. This will provide some moisture for your turtle. Good luck.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you so much for the suggestion about the wet towel on the bottom. Thats a great idea and I will diffently try it!
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Hey, I have one of those critter carriers and they are very good...i\'ve had to travel 8 hours with my turtles and everything worked out just fine. good luck
  • Information