red ear sliders

Discussions about turtles.

i have 2red ear sliders for about 10days now and they won't eat a thing i have tried pellets but they just won't eat wat do i do?

please email me the solution at [email protected]
gapgirl6410

Hello turtle lovers out there.
I recently got a red ear slider and he spends alot of time under the water in a corner of the tank with his eyes closed.Is this normal?
How long do they usually stay under water?
I never see him eat ither.
slmjTURTLES
Level 1
Level 1

this message is for deadman:

ok, well don't stress out too much, this happened to us too when we first got the turtles...it took them a while to finally start eating, mainly i think it was due to stress (we bought them off the street) ...but they should come around in a week or so. i think it took my guys about 2 and a half weeks to really start eating...just try whatever you have to, you can put pellets in the tank so they can get at them whenever, or even baby shrimp. there are other things you can feed newbies, just search this site and that houd help you out. one more thing: it turns out my guys were eating and i didn't realize it at first, apparently they liked to eat in peace and were quite timid turtles...all of the sudden the pellets were slowly disappearing and the turtles started growing! just give them time, they need to get used to their environment and you.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

RES can hold their breath for quite a while. Feeder guppies, small gold fish, I have even fed mine freeze dried shrimp, Reptomin, mushed up banana, and very small pieces of apple. I even give them a little boiled chicken from time to time. If your turtles are new to their enviroment, it maybe they are just a little stressed. Give them some time and they will come around.
  • Information