Injured tail Need help!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

One of my Eastern Painteds tail has been nipped at and is bleeding. Should I let Nature takes it\'s course or is there something I can put on it to clean it up abit? Thanks
Mike
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I think you should take it out for a few days, and possibly give 30 minute baths a few times a day. Treat it with peroxide or betadine. Maybe you can just leave it to heal, but I would never leave something like that unattended. It might get infected. Go to the care sheet in this website and look under turtle first aid. There is a section in there for injured, and bleeding turtles. It has good info.

Good luck!!!!
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

lulumac1 wrote:
I think you should take it out for a few days, and possibly give 30 minute baths a few times a day. Treat it with peroxide or betadine. Maybe you can just leave it to heal, but I would never leave something like that unattended. It might get infected. Go to the care sheet in this website and look under turtle first aid. There is a section in there for injured, and bleeding turtles. It has good info.

Good luck!!!!
I did put peroxide on it and he didn\'t mind I kept him out for two days and now he is A.O.K.! Tahnks!
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Thats good to hear, you got it taken care of fast!:)
  • Information