turtle redecoration...?

Discussions about turtles.
greatgondi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi!
Today I found one of the fake, plastic plants in my baby RES\'s tank was green around it. It doesn\'t look like algea and it\'s in tiny little chips around the plant. I removed the plant but could it be possible that Frodo, my turtle, is chewing on it? He \"redecorated\" his home recently by moving one of the smaller plants closer to his heater for cover when he sleeps. Is that unusual? I really didn\'t expect him to change his home decor... :)
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

thats funny, what was it held down by? how much did he move?
human177
Level 3
Level 3

My turtle likes to watch the tv so he too moved his plants to a position where he could lean on them and watch tv. Smart critters.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I guess my turtles aren\'t as clever. They tear up there home decor when they go for food, etc. I have fake plants with the anchor on the bottom and they can still pull it up from the gravel.

As far as him eating it, look closely at the plant. Most fake plants are tough enough so that even if they try to eat it, they can\'t. My turtles have tried and they gave up. If the leaves are small enough and if the plant is a little cheaper, its possible. Just see if any leaves are missing, and look at his excretion, there might be evidence in that as well.
  • Information