Is your turtle tank in your room?

Discussions about turtles.
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

i gotta take mine out at nite because their behavior is soo bad.. they hit their sheels up agasint the glass and keep a huge racket

does anyone know what i can do to keep them quiet????

what do you do when yours start acting up??
how or do you sleep through it

HELP?????
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

my tank is in my room, they don\'t make any noise at all, just swim around and bask all day long.
human177
Level 3
Level 3

How old is your turtle?
Grifter
Level 3
Level 3

we have 6 babys in the bedroom and they dont make noise. they sleep
l8or g8or

Do you cover them at night? I know that Joe used to stay awake as long as someone was up. I now put a folded black sheet over her tank and she settles right down.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I have all of my turtles in my room and every now and then I might hear them but they never bother me while I\'m sleeping. Do you cut their lights off or do you leave them on?
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

i used to cover them but they would get up in the middle of the nite and start butting around and making sooo much noise.. they are about 8 years old but their behavoir is really inapropriate during the nite...

man dont tell me i have the only bad turtles in the world.. that dont shut up during hte night

so what else can i do to shut them up cause they make soo much noise

there are in a 20 gallon long tank.. could that be the problem??
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Well if they are 8 yrs old then they are pretty big rught! So that might be the problem. Yeah you should get a larger tank.
l8or g8or

You definately need a bigger tank. A 20 gallon isn\'t big enought for even one adult RES let alone 2.
obeh
Level 1
Level 1

maybe she/he want to get laid?! or maybe they feel uncomfortable with what you give them in their tank. i have 4 RES (one of them was 5 inch) and 1 turtoise they all allright and seem to be happy.

I always do some experiment to their tank, changing the decorative looks and see how tehy react to it.

try give them a nice and private hiding place. :)
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I think its just the tank size as well.
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

see it is not that easy to do
i can afford to get another tank.. a good niec sized 50 gallon or even 60 gallon would only cost aboug 60 maybe 70 dollas

the problem is i would also need to get

another filter
a new stand
a new light (hood)

and all this costs sooo much money it\'s really unfair..

so unless you guys know of someoen who got a tank and these supplies selling for a reasonable price.. i guess my turtles are stuck with a 20 gallon glass prison
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I completely understand. It does get very expensive. Don\'t worry, just get the stuff as you can afford it. They will be ok until you can get it. Look on the internet to see if anyone has anything they\'re trying to get rid of so you can get it cheaper. Maybe that might help.:)
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

If you can find a place that cuts glass you could have a large tank built cheaper than it would be to buy one at a store.Just a suggestion.What I did when I got a new tankwas first I found/bought all of the accesories and bought them then I found the largest tank that I could for the cheapest price that I could find. All it took was about a month.All I have to say about you is that atleast your trying to help out your RESs cuz some people just put them in 10gal fish bowls and GOOD LUCK :D!

i haveb 2 turtles 3inch size what should be the size of tank and what food i should give them 1 is very active but the other 1 is very slow how do i get to know if they r unwell
thanks
Dottie
Level 2
Level 2

Hi szazia: I think that you should invest in a big tank even though your turtles are just 3 inches. And the reason being that your turtles will eventually get very big (9 inches or in some cases even bigger).

So it might seem that right now for your 3 inch turtles, a 20 gallon tank might suffice...but when they get bigger and bigger, you would need to find a bigger tank. Then you would have to spend more money. So I think that why not just spend the money to get a big tank (50-60 gallon) right now and that way, it would last you for a long time and you dont need to be spending extra cash to buy a new tank, filter, etc...
  • Information