cranky mating turtles?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,
has anyone\'s turtles during the mating season become very cranky with you? My male turtle just tried to bite me for the first time ever.....
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

May just have been startled or it just may be stressed. It could be many things. Don\'t be afraid of it biting it won\'t hurt long!!
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Well, I\'m staying quite clear of both of them at the moment. They seem to have taken cranky pills lately and are taking it out on one another. This whole breeding process is exhausting....I wish they would just get it over with. I don\'t want to seperate them....but I don\'t know how to get them to be back to normal.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

I have never tried breeding b4 so it\'s kind of hard for me to relate. You may have to separate them. Do what you feel you have to do.
mejaju

I\'ve had my turtles together for almost 2 years. They\'ve been obnoxios to each other but tonight I had to seperate them (red eared sliders). The male turtle is biting the female on the back of the neck and is very aggressive about it. Is that normal?? She has a pretty sore neck. they must have tough skin to have not actually have a complete bite out.
  • Information