18or g8or willie said......

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
gina311
Level 2
Level 2

hey
18or g8or willie said u might know the answer to this question:
is it ok for me to use white silicone for making a basking area?? ???
thanx in advance!

*gina*
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

No, It was Lulumac, sorry about that you guys. And yes it\'s okay to use that white silicon. SORRY!!!
Willie
gina311
Level 2
Level 2

o ok
thanks anyway!

*gina*
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

It doesn\'t matter if it\'s clear or white silicon but it needs to be 100% silicon. Thats what tanks are made with!
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Make sure that if you silicone the basking area to put silicone on both sides of the glass, top and bottom, to add extra support. If you bought your aqaurium, you can cut a triangle piece off the corner, or corners, that would go against the corner of your tank. This is so you don\'t mess up the original silicone, expecially if you have any kind of warranty on your tank. If that doesn\'t matter to you, then you don\'t necessarily have to go throught the extra step. If I\'ve confused you at all let me know and I\'ll show you this great site thatshows you how to set up a basking area like that.

Good Luck!
gina311
Level 2
Level 2

o ok
thanks
i dont think i\'m gonna make the basking area just yet though.........
i have a temperary basking area untill i get the plexi-glass and i already have the silicone...........
well ill tell u how it goes in another message
thanks!

*gina*
  • Information