MANY TURTLES COULD DIE!!!

Discussions about turtles.
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

Near my house there is a flooded gravel pit and
it\'s going to be turned into a sewer! They are going to put roads on either side with
drain pipes running in. It\'s horrible! I\'ve seen what they did to another pond just like it. There are no plants and it\'s a muddy, stinking, lifeless hole. There must be more than 30 turtles and other wildlife that will lose their home. Is there some kind of law protecting turtles? Can I arrange a petition?
Or is this place doomed like the rest of the forests here. (There is a law protecting the whole area from development EXCEPT GRAVEL PITS!)
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Where do you live?
I would check your province/state laws. If you have a zoo in the near area, I would give them a call and tell them of your situation.
deesygirl

Here in Montana we have a number of Lawyers who are also active in enviromental issues. I would try to find one in your neck of the woods. I would also ask the local Fish, Wildlife, and Parks if there was an enviromental study done for the area. There are many groups out there who can help. I would try them also. If you would like I can research some in your area. Just let me know where to search. Good Luck
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

the system is hard to fight, if you are fighting the system then you will probably lose unless you know people. Humane Society may help, I dunno. Thats just a suggestion but I am really clueless
obeh
Level 1
Level 1

find your friends or anybody who cares and take them away from that place by your own hand (this was the firsts aid for those reptiles life).

don\'t aspect too much from the others, if you care, so do it.

hope you made it.
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

Penguin-
any of the turtles you can save and relocate, do so. If you need to find someone to take one or two, due to injuries or illness. I can do it. Just email me. What state are you in. I wish i could help.
  • Information