colored eggs

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
rhonda4ss

My turtle layed three eggs about 5 weeks ago, and a few here and there this last week. I\'ve been putting them in a home made incubater that seems to be maintaining the proper temps. Some of them collapsed and I removed those ones. Two of the first eggs are still the same shape when they were layed but one is turning grayish. the other one is more pink/orangish and the newer ones are still white. What are they supposed to look like right before they\'re ready to hatch? I have sliders.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

you haven\'t turned the eggs from their orginal position have you? Cuz if you have then you just killed the turtle inside and that could be the reason that a few have collapsed. i have no clue about the color changes in eggs/ or at least I
ve never seen it before! GOOD LUCK!
rhonda4ss

Ibanezkid wrote:
you haven\'t turned the eggs from their orginal position have you? Cuz if you have then you just killed the turtle inside and that could be the reason that a few have collapsed. i have no clue about the color changes in eggs/ or at least I
ve never seen it before! GOOD LUCK!
rhonda4ss

I haven\'t turned the eggs but she did have most of them in the water. she has a plenty big enough place to lay the eggs in but I think the trauma at the vet caused her not to use it. I was right there when most of the eggs dropped and was able to get them out of the water emediatly. They probably rolled to much in the water. But do you know what the eggs are supposed to look like just before they hatch? Do they change at all from the way they look when they first come out?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

To be honest I don\'t know what they look lke before they hatch. Sorry!
  • Information