New to turtles!

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
jeepin247
Level 1
Level 1

I recently adopted a small turtle when I was in Myrtle Beach. He is smaller than a half dollar. He has leopard spots on his back and stomach. He is mostly green and yellow. It appears that he may have webbed feet. He does have a patch of yellow behind both of his eyes. What is he?? What is the correct things to feed him? So on and so forth. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

It MIGHT be a spotted turtle or a box turtle. R U sure it has webbed feet? What is the back of his shell look like?
Willie
jeepin247
Level 1
Level 1

My turtle looks very similar to the turtle photos in the topic room of \"Myrtle Beach mystery turtle\" Exactly identical I wouild say. I do know that he is not very old. I have had people at the local pet store tell me differt things on how to take care of him. I had one person tell me to use a heat light and another tell me no because of his size I might, gulp.... cook him! I feed him this stuff that I purchased called Turtle Bites. Which he wont eat. I have him in a ten gallon tank that has about 2.5\" of water in it. Well landscaped too. How else do I take care of him and what do I feed him?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Last edited by Ibanezkid on Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeepin247
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a heat lamp as well as an under water filter. I am also going to try a new food called Reptomin Baby. Hopefully he\'ll eat it. Any pros/cons on feeding him live food like fish?
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

You can feed him small goldfish. Myrtle Beach is not always a good place to get turtles. Half of the pet stores that sale them do not know anything about what they are doing. Turtles are quite difficult animals to keep. But if you know what your doing it\'s not.
jeepin247
Level 1
Level 1

I realized that the people in the shops really didn\'t know anything. That\'s why I adopted him. The conditions that he ws in was disgusting! I am up for the challenge and willing to learn all that I can to make him a happy turtle! Is it hard once you feed him fist to feed him dry food again?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

We need people like you and me runnig this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Ibanezkid on Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information