Lost Painted

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Sheree

My Painted Turtle has escaped from his Aquarium. It\'s been 3 days, is there any hope? Does anyone have any advise on how I can increase my chances of finding him?
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

MMMMM..... Well painters arn\'t the most hardy turtle you can get. If there is a chance (Kinda small =( ) I would look under things or in small areas. Like beds couches, corners. It might have gone into hipranation also. So that\'s a good thing. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Willie
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

Actually painted turtles are very hardy turtles and the turtle will not hibernate without any water. About what size room did you lose the turtle in?
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

My turtle escaped once and we looked everywhere. We almost gave up hope, until we looked in a box we had against a wall. It was for a dog crate. Anyway he had wedged himself in there.

Look for little tight spots like this where he might have gotten stuck. Dark places, my turtle always hides under things when we have him out. I looked under my bed, also the closet, he was small enough to wedge himself under a door. Don\'t give up hope. There was someone on here who once posted about her turtle who was missing for 2 weeks, and when she buried him, thinking he was dead, he crawled out of the ground. He was just in hibernation. I thought that was a great story. I don\'t think there is anyway to increase your chances, like to get to come out of hiding. Just make sure to look in every corner and tight spot.

Good Luck!!!!
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

See Glenn, Than\'t were I got the hibernation thing from. And I read somewere that Painters arn\'t as hardy as sliders and box and musk and snappers.
Willie
  • Information