New turtle

Discussions about turtles.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone.:p

I just got a new turtle. I didn\'t plan on getting him, but we went to the pet store to get feeder fish. Well I saw this turtle and he looked so sad.:( We complained to a manager because his water temp was at 70. He wasn\'t moving and he had an inch of water, but no place that was dry or heated. My boyfriend was with me and he couldn\'t tell me no. So we got him. He is so much bigger than little Georgey. They seem to be getting along well. George seems to be more aggressive, I think because its his territory. But the new turtle is so cool, and layed back. He basked more in the last day than I\'ve seen George bask in a week. We got feeder fish and he ate them all before George could get any. They snip at each other here and there, but nothing hard. They are so funny. George just keeps kicking him.

Anyway, just wanted to share it with you guys. Don\'t know what to name him yet, but I\'ll give it a few days.:)
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

maybe you should try reporting the behaviour to some authority if it didn\'t look proper??
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

They said that it doesn\'t really matter how they keep them because they are usually sold within a few days. But I figured that it still wouldn\'t be that hard to keep them in the right condition. Another thing was the fact that people saw this, and I\'m sure a lot of people would think that those conditons are ok, since thats how the pet store has them.

I wouldn\'t know who to report that to.???
  • Information