I heard of fish feeders but are there turtle feeders on the

Discussions about turtles.
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

that will release food for like 3 or 4 weeks??

the fish one i saw has a large enough hole that i think turtle pellets can go through it but i wanna know if yhall know anything about turtle autromatic feeders

because taking them to someone\'s place while you are no vacation is a hassle and you cant leave them without food

help people...??
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

That\'s a good question I actually looked for some for a while because I went on a trip and didn\'t have anyone to feed them. I had no luck ever finding any. Hopefully you will.By the way I got someone to feed them.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I haven\'t seen anything like that for turtles. You could just try giving them feeder fish when you go out of town.:)
lowprofiler
Level 1
Level 1

I took the advice on this board and gave my RESs a dozen of feeder fishes (Tuffy) before i went away for a long weekend. It\'s a great idea, and the turtles obviously loved it. One thing though, the turtles tried to eat them all as soon as i put fishes in (Tuffies are not good at recognizing predators), so you may want to put more than a dozen.
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

lowprofiler wrote:
I took the advice on this board and gave my RESs a dozen of feeder fishes (Tuffy) before i went away for a long weekend. It\'s a great idea, and the turtles obviously loved it. One thing though, the turtles tried to eat them all as soon as i put fishes in (Tuffies are not good at recognizing predators), so you may want to put more than a dozen.
man i think that entire feeder fish thing is soo inhuman.. i went into a pet store and i saw halves of fish floating around.. and fins and heads and i was like.. omg.. this is soo disgusting... i gotta go with dead food
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I\'ve seen the same things at pet stores, and I think that is bad. But as far as feeding my turtle fish, I don think its inhumane because thats what they eat in nature.
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

What does the fish feeder look like? Do you have a website? I have heard of fish feeders, but I have not seen them.

I was just away for 5 days and I have about 30 feeder fish in there and there are around 18 left. I have 4 turtles in that tank. Yeah, I think feeder fish is fine for a few days (a week max), but I wouldn\'t feel comfortable leaving my turtles that long. I had timers on for the lights, but personally, if I were away for over a week, I always get a sitter. :) It gives me a peace of mind.

Cheers
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

I used to use Doctor Turtle in my tank. They slowly realease vitamins and minerals into the water and then your turtle drinks the water.
Willie
  • Information