red ear slider question

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
SpoofChicken

hi. i have 2 red ear sliders. both babies, i think. one about the size of a quarter, and the other about twice that size. i also bought the smaller one (donatello) just recently, and had the larger one (yertle) since it was very small. right now, i have them in 2 separate tanks, but i\'d like to put them in the same one (the larger one) when donatello gets a little bigger. would it be allright to do this? i wasn\'t sure, cause the person i got donatello from said the larger one can be aggresive when it comes to food. thanks!
ownerofjekyllandhyde
Level 1
Level 1

I have two RES in a tank right now, and one is pretty aggressive but only a few cm bigger than the other (not even an inch, I would say). What I do when I feed them is that I distract them and try to isolate each to his own corner, and then I feed them their pellets at the same time in different parts of the tank. This seems to work well so far! :)
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Ive also read you should introduce them slowly. I wouldn\'t just put him in there and leave him, watch him and take him out if there are problems. Then try again. I don\'t have experience, but I\'m thinking of getting another turtle, and I\'ve been reading about it.
Boogie
Level 2
Level 2

I\'ve put a hatchling with a 6 month old in the same tank and the little one learned from the bigger one. They got along fine but I did have to feed the hatchling separately cuz the older one doesn\'t know when to stop eating. :)
  • Information