MY turtles are sows. what is the best filter for 2 turtles

Discussions about turtles.
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

I heard that the outside filters are the best ones. but you have to keep the water high so that that stick can reach the water.. but this guy at petland told me that it\'s not good because they are not good

i have the fluval one and it is not keeping the tank clean. and it\'s not spouting water as fast although i clean the impeller and stuff. and they are always running dry..

this is such a headache

then i need another tank because my turtles went and had sex with one another.. none of them have a job and their house is too small and now they have 4 kids on the way with no place to put them

does anyone have tanks.... stands... filters.. for sale.. i am at my wits end!
human177
Level 3
Level 3

Most people say the Penguin Bio-Wheel (outside filter) is the best filter, guess you can get the thing anywhere in the US.
However, I\'m Belgian and I\'m not intending to order one of those from the states, not to mention that it\'s kinda noisy with the water dropping and everything.
I have an outside filter which uses 2 hoses and a bucket which filters the water and pumps it back up. Works really great, bit expensive though, cost me €100.
And no, I don\'t have anything for sale, sorry
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

I have a pingun-bio wheel. It\'s practicly silent! What size is your tank? I would double or triple the # of gallons, (Example: 20 gallon tank- double that and = 40 galon.) I would do it like that.
Willie
  • Information