egg binding?!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
2wan
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 6 year old slider that has never had problems laying her eggs before. Even this time she layed 3 eggs and has 7 still left inside. I know this because I had her xrayed. The vets here are not very confident in their ability to help her ( I\'ve been to two). One of them gave a hormone shot, still no eggs. She has not been moving a whole lot except after taking what looks like several deep breaths, she tucks her head in like she\'s trying to push. I put her in the sun every day, seperated her from the others, and raised the temp to 85-90degrees. I even put a towel up around her tank so shed feel more secure. This has been going on for about 6 days. Also she hasen\'t eaten for almost 2 weeks. Is there anything eles I could do, or should I have her put to rest rather than suffer anymore?
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

You can try to put her in some moist mulch or something of the sort at about 86 degress and see if she will try to lay them there, it would be better for her to lay in a soft mulch than in water anyways.
  • Information