bad health?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

or if you can help me nurse it back to health and give me advice, [email protected]
Last edited by LuciasAmen-ra on Sat Dec 22, 2001 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried taking him to the vet yet? If all else fails that's what you need to do. I've noticed on some of these posts someone mentions some kind of cream you could put on his shell to help with the strengthing of it. Also there are some wonderful tabs you drop into the water to help with that also. I think it's listed under the Turtle help section, but I maybe wrong and it be under General Discussion. I will surf around and let you know as soon as I find it on here. Hopefully, I will get back to you before you read this.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Kamegame
Level: Jr. Member
IP: Logged

Re: SOFT SHELL ANSWER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to buy them vitamin supplements (especially for vitamin A, so they don't get puffy eyes) and get a special light that gives off UVB rays (it manipulates the sun so your turtle can bask for heat and vitamin D3). These are expensive, so be prepared to fork out about $20. Also give your turtle a varied diet full of fish and veggies. If yours are babies, they might not eat their greens. Mine pecks at it from time to time, but prefers shrimp...

11-04-2001 at 07:34 PM

I'll try to find the other
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

cjohong
Level: Guest
IP: Logged

Re: Soft Spot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to the best of my knowledge, i dont think this is a good thing. my turtles had a bit of a soft belly and the ends of their shells were a bit soft. i have read that this is a common problem with them due to a lack of calcium. i bought some reptocal for somewhere along the lines of $6.00. it is a calcium supplement that you can sprinkle on their food. after buying and using this product, i noticed that their shells and bellies were harder. just a suggestion.

Chris

This is the other I found...I hope they help you.
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

okay THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I WILL BUY SOME ASAP AND VISIT A VET!!
  • Information