Know of anyone who can give my two RES a good home?

Discussions about turtles.
tsadek
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 baby RES that I need to find a good home for. I live in SC about 15 minutes south of Charlotte NC. I really like my RES\'s but they are my sons and he does not have the interest or the time to take care of them properly. Also, I did not realize how expensive they are. And really they are not children\'s pets any way. I feel guilty about giving them up but I just can\'t afford to provide for them like they should be taken of.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I\'d be happy to!
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I have two tanks a 55 gal and a 150 gal tank. But the problem is that I live in Virginia.
tsadek
Level 1
Level 1

I would be happy to share the shipping costs with you if you let me know how we can ship them? I have never shipped anything live before. Thanks.
l8or g8or

I just successfully received a turtle which came by Airborne Express. This is where I found my information on how to pack the little ones:

http://www.turtlehomes.org/usa/shipping.shtml

CALL Airborne Express directly and make sure you have all the information correct. DO NOT SHIP ON THE WEEKEND!! This is so very important - they said they work on a \"skeleton crew\" and they DO NOT GUARANTEE that the turtles will be there the next day.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Sure! I\'ll split the cost! Have you checked out that website yet?
Janet@CyberTLC
Level 1
Level 1

Ibanezkid wrote:
I have two tanks a 55 gal and a 150 gal tank. But the problem is that I live in Virginia.
you planning on selling any of them??
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

I had some shipped to me via airborne express, it came in a small box overnite with lots of newspaper in it. The turtle was in inside of a strawberry box with wet or damp paper towel. This shipping method gave me a live on arrival :)
tsadek
Level 1
Level 1

Ibanezkid wrote:

I checked out the website, I am going to call them in the am and see how much it would cost to ship. I will need your address but we can work out details later.
tsadek
Level 1
Level 1

Ibanezkid wrote:

Are you going to put the ones that I am giving you in a tank with the others, they are very small barely 2 inches long?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Janet@CyberTLC wrote:
Ibanezkid wrote:
you planning on selling any of them??

Maybe in the future but not now. Why are you interested in buying some?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I have five hatchlings and five half way mature I guess you\'d call them turtles. I\'m going to put the five larger ones in the 150 gal and keep the hatchlings in the 55 gal for now. As of now all of them are in the 55 gal and they get along great. Yes I know that that is small ofor ten turtles but the new tank will be ready in three days. My hatchlings are about 1 1/2 inches, so I think they will do alright together. If you\'re having second thoughts that\'s ok just let me know.
tsadek
Level 1
Level 1

Ibanezkid wrote:
I have five hatchlings and five half way mature I guess you\'d call them turtles. I\'m going to put the five larger ones in the 150 gal and keep the hatchlings in the 55 gal for now. As of now all of them are in the 55 gal and they get along great. Yes I know that that is small ofor ten turtles but the new tank will be ready in three days. My hatchlings are about 1 1/2 inches, so I think they will do alright together. If you\'re having second thoughts that\'s ok just let me know.
I am not having second thoughts, just was wondering. I was very busy today and did not get a chance to call Airborne Express but will tomorrow, I need to know your email address so that I can get your address from there unless you want to give it out here. I am feeling guilty about getting rid of the RES but I just don\'t have the resources it would take to care for them properly. I thought my son who is 8 was going to care for them but since I have gotten them, he does not do anything for them, i do and like I said before, they are not really children\'s pets and they can get to be expensive. All that I ask is that you take care of them and maybe send me some pictures and updates on them every now and then. Thanks.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Of course I will send pictures.I take pictures of my turtles all of the time. The only catch is, you have to come up with names for them :D !
  • Information