Problems with plants.

Discussions about turtles.
human177
Level 3
Level 3

What kind of plants do you guys keep in your turtle\'s tank? Plastic? Real ones? And does your turtle tends to rip them apart? I\'m getting sort of crazy from my RES\'s ripping skills!
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

I have plastic plants in with my Painteds and they don\'t even try at it. They tried one time and had no success so I guess they give up. Now they just stay away from em.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I used to have real plants until I put them in the tank. Then they died, Because of the turtles! They didn\'t dig them up the just ate them, they love them. I\'m about to put together a new tank and I\'m going to have a bunch of Live plants in it and if they eat all of them I\'ll just have to replace them with plastic ones.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I used to have real plants as well, but my turtle always knocked them loose. They became a hassel when they would clog the filter. Now I have fake plants. They look good, and real, and I think George realized he can\'t eat them. They have those anchors on the bottom so you can dig them under the rocks. Works out really great.
  • Information