Filter suggestions....

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

I'm taking filter suggestions on my new tank? What kind of filter do you use. I am going to take a survey for the next week and see what is most recommended. Tell me your experiences with them too...thanks.

I use a gravity filter the fluvak 204. this rocks becuase it sits outside the tank and has a wand attachment that I can use to suck up the gunk.... and left over food. this filter cost me about 100.oo but the filter is resuable and I can add any kind of filter rocks to it I got mine at petsmart. trust me I have use 4 differnt kinds and this one is the best. good luck
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks...it sounds as if this filter is worth is money. I will take it into consideration with the others.
goggles
Level 1
Level 1

fluvals are good filters, but 100 bucks for the 204 is a ripoff. you can get the much more powerful 404 at www.bigalsonline.com for $89
l8or_g8or
Level 2
Level 2

I just got another Fluval underwater and I love it. The tank is crystal clear!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

thanks........i\'ll look into it......i havent tried it yet
heatherd
Level 1
Level 1

i am also looking into a better filter. I have 2 over the side filters/ One is a millennium 2000 and the other is a whisper. Both on a 30 gal tank and it still has icky dingy water. They go outside in the summer to my small pond.
Melanie
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest a magnum 350 (get the deluxe or pro system), I installed it yesterday and it works great!
  • Information