I found a turtle that looks like the soft shell turtle

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
quiet

what can I feed this turtle i found on a job site with no water in site I\'m guessing it was looking for water when I found it but there was no water to put it in its just a hatchling so I brought it home and put it in a tupeware with warm water and a few rocks i don\'t know what to feed it I tried shrimp, lettuce, grapes, and bread what do I do if I let it loose it most likely will die and if i dont find something it will eat soon it will die please help.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Try to feed it some cut up worms. Since it\'s new it might be scared and that might be why it wont eat. Just keep trying to feed it and wait a while it will eventually eat.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

You should find out for sure what kind of turtle he is. That would determine what would be best to feed him. If he is aquatic, you need to feed him in water, they wont eat out of water. You could feed him pellets, shrimp, try carrots, or the worms. But you should really try to find out what he is. Then from there you could set up something for him. If he doesn\'t eat right a way, its ok, just give him some time.
Last edited by lulumac1 on Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information