Basking Solutions!!!

Discussions about turtles.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

A big topic I have found to be of much interest on another forum is Basking areas for turtles. What does everyone have? Does anyone have anything creative or questions?
I currently purchased a basking platform from LLLReptile and it seems to be GREAT!! Lets see how this topic does....
StephanieW31
Level 2
Level 2

I just use a big white rock left over from our fish tanks as a basking spot. Its perfect since it slants downward into the water making a ramp so they can get up on it. I also have a floating island, but they use that more to hide under than sit on.
human177
Level 3
Level 3

I\'m trying to put together something as seen here: http://members.tripod.com/~Draybar/55gallon.html
Does anyone know if I can buy this somewhere?
I just use some cork for now.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I have petrified wood pilled up in a corner right now, but I\'m thinking of doing something more creative. Something like human177 is doing. I also like the set up on the setup/supplies page of this website.
Jeany
Level 1
Level 1

I just have a question really. How long can the little guys stay out of water and do they like to be out of water at times.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

They can be out of water for hours basking, they usually go back in water when they feel their body temp is gettin a lil warm. They bask to raise their body temp I guess. Then go back in water to cool down. I have heard they can stay under water for hours as well.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

human177 wrote:
I\'m trying to put together something as seen here: http://members.tripod.com/~Draybar/55gallon.html
Does anyone know if I can buy this somewhere?
I just use some cork for now.

I\'ve been drawing plans for my 150 gal tank that i have just bought recently and my basking area looks kinda like that one. I\'ve only drawn it but when I build it I\'ll let you know how I did it. In the meantime goodluck. Ohyeah and if you build one first let me know how you did it.
Grifter
Level 3
Level 3

ive got this thing
its small but so are my turtles for now
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

That looks interesteing and I bet it would make a tank attractive.
  • Information