i found turtle eggs

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
DarrenB

I found some turtle eggs yesterday that looked like they had been dug up. They were at the entrance to what appeared to be a rabbit hole or other excavation. I only found two eggs. They are oval shaped and hard. At the bottom of both eggs is a pinkish coloring--what is this? Since they looked dug up and there is a cold front moving in I took them home. I set them up in a makeshift incubator and I\'m keeping the temperature at 80-82 degrees. I haven\'t moved them from the way I found them. The pinkish coloring is at the bottom on both and towards one end of the egg. Is there anyway to tell if they are alive? One egg is bigger than another. After holding them both up to the light, I can see a mass taking up the bottom half of the egg.
l8or g8or

you can try candeling the egg to see if there is life... it works for duck eggs, it may work for turtle eggs - take a tiny flashlight and go into a extremely dark room, hold the light to one end of the egg and watch for movement.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

are you sure they aren\'t snake eggs? If they were at the entrance of a hole...I\'d make sure you know what you have...or keep it very secure, before they hatch.
  • Information