Eyes are closed, he won\'t open them

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

whats up with my painted turtle? Why will he not open his eyes? Is it sick and how can I help if it is?

If you think he\'s sick or whatnot, don\'t wait for someone to respond to your post online, go and get him to a vet immediately. Do you plan on waiting around all day until he dies for a reply? Come on, it\'s common sense.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

Problem solved turtle is much better, no vet needed ;)

GlennThiltgen wrote:
Problem solved turtle is much better, no vet needed ;)
Could you please tell me how you solved your problem? My baby turtle can\'t open its eyes either.
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

make sure there is no ammonia in the water and change the water regularly. If you still have the problem do what I did, order turtle eye rinse and turtle eye clear.
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

heman wrote:
If you think he\'s sick or whatnot, don\'t wait for someone to respond to your post online, go and get him to a vet immediately. Do you plan on waiting around all day until he dies for a reply? Come on, it\'s common sense.
There is no need to be rude, he was merely asking a question. The eyes being closed is not a medical emergency. Mine do it all the time, they are just slow to open them after basking. NOT a medical emergency unless other symptoms are present. If i rushed them off to the vet every time that happened....
Anyway, Glenn was asking for advice, not rudeness.

Glenn, also try to add some Vitamin A to the turtles diet. If he is suffering from a deficiency, this will help. Vitamin A deficiencies usually manifest themselves with eye problems.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

You tell\'m turtlecrazed!!
  • Information