what type filter should i use

Discussions about turtles.
fanc_pants
Level 1
Level 1

the kind that go in the fish aquarium have to have the water up too high to work for the turlte tank...i have a 10 gal. tank and fill it about 2/3 with water and a cork log for them....they are olnly less than a year....also i have seen one of the turtles making a *waving* motion with its front paws in front of the other turtles face.....WHAT does this mean.....and one more ??......lol......is there a way to tell the sex......and at what age to do start to breed.......thank for the info
OracleX
Level 2
Level 2

I have found that the best filter for turtles are the underwater kind, and over size it for your tank size.

About them shaking paws with each other ... my two turtles do that too. I have heard that it is a mating thing. I have a male and a female turtle so that makes sense to me. You usually can't tell sex until they are a bit bigger. I will have to look up the info again but the size of the front claws and the tail were ways to tell.
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

I don't know whats up with the *waving* thing. But it kind of seems like they are shaking hands.
  • Information