Winter Care in Outdoor Pond for Slider

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.

I have a client in Kansas City, KS who has transferred their slider into their koi pond which is a 8\' x 12\', approxiametely 4 1/2 feet deep. They are curious if the turtle will be fine throughout the winter. There is a bubbler and de-icer that keeps a quarter of the pond surface open even in a hard Kansas winter.
I think the turtle will be fine but am worried because the pond was fully cleaned last summer so there is little debris at the bottom.
blitz1952
Level 1
Level 1

jebego wrote:
I have a client in Kansas City, KS who has transferred their slider into their koi pond which is a 8\' x 12\', approxiametely 4 1/2 feet deep. They are curious if the turtle will be fine throughout the winter. There is a bubbler and de-icer that keeps a quarter of the pond surface open even in a hard Kansas winter.
I think the turtle will be fine but am worried because the pond was fully cleaned last summer so there is little debris at the bottom.
  • Information