My Sister

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Raven
Level 1
Level 1

PS - I also posted in the \"How to identify\", please help me with that one as well, if you can.
Last edited by Raven on Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
l8or g8or

It\'s a good thing \"Booger\" has you to look out for him. He sounds like a Red Eared Slider to me - you will need to get him a nice sized tank with a lid - make an area so he can crawl out an bask. As much water in it as he is long is a decent amount. He needs a basking light (for warmth) and a UV bulb for \"sunshine\". The UV light keeps him healthy. You will also need a filter, and a submersible heater. Turtles are not cheap pets by any means, nor are they clean - they require ALOT of work, I think everybody here would agree to that - but given the proper care and attention, they are very entertaining. Go back and read through the posts here, and you will find a ton of information to help you along the way. Good luck!
Raven
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. I\'ll try typing like this, there I moved him onto my chest...ok well yeah, I do think I have a RES but this one has Yellow ears. It\'s so cute....hahaha. My tutle looks almost exactly like speedy (on your webstie). I hope to go get all his stuff for him soon. But I have another question or 2, how can I tell what sex it is, how long can he stay out of water, and you know, are there any other things I should know?...
Last edited by Raven on Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l8or g8or

It\'s easier to tell a male from a female when they are bigger. The male has long nails (see the one on my website) and has a short thick tail. The female has short nails and a longer tail. He can stay out of water for quite a while - but you need to give him at least three, 1/2 hour soaks a day. Also, he can only eat in the water.
Raven
Level 1
Level 1

AH!...thanks for that top on the soaking!...whew...I thought this poor booger would dry up and die...Oh the thoguht of it! Oh and by the way, booger is my name for him, my sister named him killer or hudini...cause he disappeared from his tank the first day we got him...thanks alot for your help man...THANKS ALOT!!!
  • Information