Putting RES in outdoor pond? Good idea or not??

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Melanie
Level 1
Level 1

I\'ve had my two RES for a year now, but unforunately I can\'t keep them anymore. I live by a big college here in S. CA and on campus is a big pond..In it are fish, lots RES and ducks. Would it be wise to take them there and let them free? ALL the RES in the pond look pretty happy. And it looks like the pond is well taken care of. Would they be able to adjust to the environment, would they survive?? I really think they\'d be happy there but I have no idea if they are capable of this? Natural insticts? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions : )

Thanks

Melanie
oakenfold
Level 2
Level 2

Do you live on the Cal Poly Pomona campus? I\'ve been there before and they have the exact same set up as you\'re describing.
Melanie
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is the Cal Poly Pomona campus pond I\'m talking about! lol Well do you think they would survive in it?
oakenfold
Level 2
Level 2

yeah, i\'m pretty sure they\'ll be happy and survive there. turtles learn pretty fast, well, from my experiences.
  • Information