Rubbermaids

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

I was thinking about putting my turtles in a rubbermaid to save money.however,i wanted to see what you guys thought
Melanie
Level 1
Level 1

For one thing how big would it be? Over time it might start to really smell so be sure to clean it often.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

ya it is a large one and i would clean it weekly.I put my leopard geckos in one so i was thinking that it would work for turtles to.thanks
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

I have my snapper in a rubber maid. (He\'s a baby) It seems to work out good! But i have it (gender unknown) in the garage. Do u guys think that it would be sturdy enough to bring it inside?
Willie
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I\'ve read about other peoples set ups here and there, and a lot of people keep there turtles in a rubermaid type container. Is he a box turtle, or aquatic? Just wondering. Because I\'ve seen both set ups.

I wouldn\'t see why it wouldn\'t be sturdy enough to take inside. You know how sturdy and durable those rubermaids are. (remember those commercials. I know I\'m a nerd)
GlennThiltgen
Level 3
Level 3

I don\'t think I would like a rubbermaid container simply because I couldn\'t see my turtles swimming underwater, I think I will stick with my good ole aquariums.
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, but there are clear boxes, so you can see through. Plus they\'re good for my snapper, he likes his privicy!
Willie
lynn
Level 1
Level 1

You will miss seeing them swim and \"walk\" around the bottom of their \"home\" at \"eye-level\". This is one of the most fun things--they look and act like \"dinosaurs\", at their size, you can imagine them as huge \"beasts\"--right their in your aquarium! This is from my personal perspective. The turtles may enjoy the privacy of an opaque home. Who knows. All I can say is that I am sitting here looking at my little guys right now--one standing on his tippy-toes getting some air and leaning on a plant, the other rumbling around the bottom of the tank. As long as the water is clean and they can bask.
  • Information