Depressed RES?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
PooPee

Background: two tiny RES the size of a quarter when we got them 3 months ago. One is now three times the size of the other. The smaller one hasn't grown at all. The larger one- unintentionally (I believe) hits the smaller one during feeding time. Both eat well. The larger one doesn't get out of the water to bask (too heavy?) And the smaller one basks ALL the time (insanely cute b/c he will take turns basking his head then arms then feet). He pretty much hardly ever spends time in the water when the lamp is on. Sometimes he just stays out and sleeps behind a rock- and lately he's been slumped over the pump of the filter (above water) looking really depressed. Not in any of his usual perky basking poses. Thoughts? Why doesn't the big one like getting out of the water and why does the little one stay out and pretty much either sleeps or looks depressed?
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

never heard of that before
angel_girl132004
Level 1
Level 1

That is what my friend\'s turtles did. One would stay in the water and the other out. Eventually, the one out of the water died.
angel_girl132004
Level 1
Level 1

That is what my friend\'s turtles did. One would stay in the water and the other out. Eventually, the one out of the water died.
  • Information