Fish food

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone!
One of my turtles has a peculiar preference for fish food. The particular brand is TetraFin Goldfish flakes.

It\'s main ingredients are Fish meal, ground brown rice, tortula dried yeast, oat meal, shrimp meal, soybean oil, fish oil and other things like lecithin, and vitamin C.

Do you think this is an okay thing to be feeding them?

Thanks,

Shai631
oakenfold
Level 2
Level 2

Lol, my turtles like that stuff too! I bought them feeder fishes (goldfishes) and the turtles can\'t seem to catch them and the fishes are about the same size as my turtles. Anyway, it\'s been awhile and all the fishes are still alive. I didn\'t want the fishes to starve to death, so I bought them fish food (tretra fin goldfish flakes). When I go to feed them, the turtles go wild over the fish flakes and the fishes go wild over the turtle food! I\'m not sure if it\'s good or bad for them, but they (fishes and turtles) seem to be doing fine so far!
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Lol,
I guess you\'re right, I bought some goldfish, but since I didn\'t have a filter (other than the one in my turtle\'s tank), I put them all in together. I tried feeding the fish & the turtles in the same tank, & I noticed that the turtles liked the fish food. After the turtles ate the goldfish, I just kept giving them the fish food...
Thanks for the reply! :D
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

you can give it to them,but not too often.it has lots of protien,so to much will cause scute deformaties,esspecially in adults.maybe 2-3 times a week would be good.
  • Information