Help Me I Am Worried

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

Hello,my name is Braydon Spraggs and I have a question.I was wondering why my turtle,a 7 year old female Red Eared Slider has a pink plastron (under-belly).If you know the anser to this question please Email me at:
[email protected]
Thanx A Lot
Braydon Spraggs
slmjTURTLES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
It sounds that the turtle is in need of 2 different vitamens. It needs a vita light for Vitamen D, which comes naturally from the sun. Second it needs calcium, which you can get in a little container called reptomin. Reptomin also contains other vitamens but not D. Finally it also might ned reptoheal or vital shell. I am not sure which to get or if either will work, but somethingis needed to plug to hole. Please let me know how everything goes and what u did do!
Fops
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm... my turtles are getting a little bit of pink spots too. I just bought this: Turtle Bites by HBH. They are supposed to be shell conditioning food. They contain high dosage of A, D3 and Calcium. Is that good? And I red somewhere that excess of vitamin A will make the shell or skin peel off.
Can anyone tell me what are the very first symptoms of x/s vit A. I am not going to give my turtles the shell conditioning everyday, just in case.

Thanks.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

When I took Sally and Linus to the vet I was worried about Sally because she doesn't have the norm spotting. Just a plain undersiding, that seemed kinof pink. The vet says that's normal for some turtles. They differ in they way they look. Maybe this is the case, but it never hurts to watch your little ones and keep them under eye.

thanx for all of you advice,all went well and in the end the pink plastron whent away.
  • Information