If you need help,ask me!!!!!!!!

Discussions about turtles.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

if u need help,ask me.this is wat jbird does so i will to.
Last edited by spraggsbraydon2 on Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 1
Level 1

Ok Braydon...here goes....do you have any knowledge with the magnum 350 filter???? I am not sure is working right.

Thanks
Level 1
Level 1

In the canister part of the filter, I do not see the water bubbling. When I put my hand in the tank I can feel the water filtering through the out take tube. In the canister part you just cant see the water moving. Does that make senes?

Thanks.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

it is probably falty,ask the pet shop that you got it from and they should know.
davidr
Level 1
Level 1

david
Last edited by davidr on Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
iluvturtles4life
Level 2
Level 2

2868 i thought oh never mind both of u i thought u were nice people i guess i wuz wrong and i wuz just about to go on to your side
iluvturtles4life
Level 2
Level 2

nobody likes swearing on this board so please stop it there are young viewers lets forget about all of this bickering and move on to turtles.
turtleluver43
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a new baby RES turtle. I fed it bits of ham. It liked it really well. But is it healthy?
leopard92
Level 1
Level 1

if you want to help can i see a pic of your turtle tank
MalayanGirl
Level 2
Level 2

I need help. I would like to know if I can use one of those solutions that help lower the pH in my turtle tank. Because the pH is still at 7.4, and its not going down.Is it safe for turtle?
oakenfold
Level 2
Level 2

i use those fish solutions to keep the water clean. i asked the petstore people if it was alright and they said it was. been using it for about a month, i think it works a lot better than the stuff they sell for turtles.
MalayanGirl
Level 2
Level 2

what brand do you use? cause I tried the reptisafe blue stuff, and it didn\'t do anything.
MalayanGirl
Level 2
Level 2

2868 wrote:
In the canister part of the filter, I do not see the water bubbling. When I put my hand in the tank I can feel the water filtering through the out take tube. In the canister part you just cant see the water moving. Does that make senes?

Thanks.

I have a magnum H.O.T. and I had the same problem. I fixed it by repositioning the impeller module. Can any of you guys recommend a good gravel vac?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

A year and a half ago I bought three red ear slider hatchlings in Myrtle Beach South Carolina at a pet shop. I had them for about 9 months then one all of a sudden died. At that time I had them in a 10 gal aquarium. Right after that one died I bought a 55 gal tank, UV light, filter, and filled the tank up with water a little above their shells. After they started to get the hang of the tank I filled it half way up. I also found three wild western sliders and two cooters. Before I put them all together I kept a very close eye one all of the wild ones. Nothing seemed to wrong with them so I put all of the turtles in the 55 gal tank. At the time all of the turtles were about the same size, but now all of the wild turtles are about three to four times the res size. Did I endanger the res when I put the wild turtles in together? Nothing seems to be wrong with the two res except for their size. It looks like they haven\'t grown at all. Please help me because no one else knows what\'s going on.
Thanks a lot!
Mike
oakenfold
Level 2
Level 2

The brand I use is Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. I use Ammo Lock 2 (detoxifies ammonia produced by waste, removes chlorine/chloramine), Stress Zyme (improves the development of your filter and live bacteria to enhance biological filtration and keep aquarium safe) and PH Down and PH UP (depending on PH level). I really think all you need to use is Ammo Lock 2 and PH UP/DOWN, but I like to use Stress Zyme for heck of it.
  • Information