Fluval 404

Post any questions you have about an aquatic turtle tank setup here. Or if you have a picture of your aquatic turtle tank setup picture, we would love to see it.
Murtle

My new Fluval 404 shoots out lots of air bubbles every few seconds. I tried tightening the nuts, but that just made the tiny bubbles turn into larger ones.

I don't like the noise (you can hear the filter making noise right before the noise of the air bubbles shooting out) and the tank constantly has that new-water look.

What can I do to fix it?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board :)
lol i though they were made that way for entertainment instead of annoying people :lol:
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

Check to see if the rubber gasket is there and seated well. If it is then check all the hoses and then turn the unit upside down and shake for a sec or two and return upright. repeat if nescesary.
purplem3pursuit
Level 2
Level 2

definitly check the hoses.. may be a hole in the return line.. i would suspect the rubber gasket is ok otherwise u would probably be losing mass amounts of water.. also.. check the connection between the hose connections inside the tank..
  • Information