update!!!!

Discussions about turtles.
bbylve4602

okay my turtels are apart and they did it on their own, but the female is bleeding is this normal?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

how were they stuck? to each other or to something in the tank?? sorry but i never saw turtles mating so i don't know if it's normal or not..but bleeding? hmmm stupid question but where is she bleeding from? :o

i hope it's ok and all what'll happen is u having grand children :) good luck and welcome to the board
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

If you have ever seen a dog mating, then you should have some idea of what bbylve4602 is talking about :lol: , the male's thing gets stuck in the female to assure that all of his sperm will be delivered, after a while the male will relax enough for his thing to come out, sorry for the graphic description :o :o

As for the bleeding, I am sure it is normal, just make sure you don't see anything out of the ordinary, like if it gushing blood, but if you are concerned, you could take it to the vet just to make sure. :D
deesygirl

Ok first off all when turtles are breeding DON"T bother them. They can stay submerged in the water for hours. They will not drown. Messing with them can cause problems.

No the female should not be bleeding. You need to at least call a vet and ask what you should do. You need to describe how much blood ect. Take the female out of the water. One little drop of blood in your tank will look like alot. Put her in a dry warm tank and check the bleeding there. If it is not much your vet might recommend keeping her in the dry tank for a few hours. Also while you have her out check for any organs protruding. If there is, don't call the vet just take her in ASAP.

Please take the time to read through the link I sent you.

Sorry to sound so crabby about this but it is really one of my pet peeves. I have had up to 9 RES and I don't allow them to breed. Why... well I have only purchased two of my turtles. The rest are rescues. People don't realize these pets live for many years (20) and they take specialized housing, diets and most of all time. The female will lay up to 20 eggs...do you have good homes for them? Breeding turtles is like letting your cat have 3 or 4 litters. It just should not be done. But since you did not know before the best you can do is to read Willies article.
Last edited by deesygirl on Wed May 04, 2005 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol stray :lol:

i didn't see dogs mate but i saw hamsters and after they finished i saw poop-like things covered with blood..but since deesygirl said it's not normal then she knows more :)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry about the graphic description :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't mean to gross out anybody. :o :o
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

got us into the picture thanx :lol:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5