mating res?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
smlangl33

hi i am new here. i am confused about my res and would appreciate any help that can be offered. i have had my turtles for some time now i thought that all three turtles were girls so i did not worry about them mating but lately i have noticed something strange i think that they are doing the mating call and trying to mate i dont know what to do i have a fifty five gallon tank but dont know anything about mating or what to do if they do mate or what to do about any eggs that they may lay i would appreciate any help about what to do with my turtles as well as how to set up something for any eggs if there are any :) :) :) :)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, welcome to the board, I have two links that might give you the information that you need,

http://www.turtlecare.net/eggs.htm

http://expage.com/incubatingwteggs

I hope that is what you need :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board :)

almost how old are ur turtles? sometimes females do the mating dance so i think it depends on turtle intelligence cz i heard a lot about doing it to rocks :o

anyways, check the links and the most important thing is put some soil or sand so they can dig in (when they are ready to lay eggs) and keep it above water so in case u miss them u don't lose them..u have to keep watching out for those eggs until they are there and get them out immediately especially if they were in water so the babies don't die due to lack of oxygen in water

good luck and keep us posted
deesygirl

I also recommend reading Willie's post. It is at the top of this page and it covers all aspects of breeding.
  • Information