Washington state, ponds

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.
brightring

We have two ponds about 15 feet deep, that slope up to the grassy/reedy sides. We are thinking it would be great to have a turtle or two, but are just beginning to study the habitat etc. Someone said red sliders are good for outdoors, another said never!! I would appreciate ANY help.

Advice.

Recommendations.

MaryAnn
[email protected]
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

maybe i can help what exactly do you want to know? what kind of turtles to put in your pondss?
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

painteds and RES do very well in ponds.mud and musk turtles also do good and maybe a missisipi map turtle would even do fine.make sure to have 2 feet of mud at the bottom so in the winter the turtle can hibernate.for more info go to my site at

www.geocities.com/redslidetank
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

you should probably keep aquatic plants and feeder fish in the pond and have a fence around it and a cover of some sort for when you are not watching.make sure to have a basking spot and a good filter as turtles are very messy.also keep water temputures at 76-83 degrees ferinheight during the day and 56-68 degrees ferinheight at night.

my site: www.geocities.com/redslidetank
  • Information