Turtles eating tank neutralizers

Discussions about turtles.
poppyduce
Level 2
Level 2

Every time I drop a tank neutralizer into the tank, my turtles go to work chomping on it. :roll: What the heck am I missing for their diet. They get reptomin sticks in morning, brine shrimp at nite, and fruit at least once at some point during the day. I have a cuttle bone in there, but they won't touch it. Or are they getting what they need, and just doing it cuz they know it gets my goat???! Love the new site setup!!!!!!!!! :idea:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I wouldn't worry about it, mine do the same thing, if you read the ingredients, it lists calcium as one of the ingredients along with vitamins and other nutrients, I believe it was meant to be eaten by the turtle but I'm not sure, it was made to dissolve in the tank water so they could get the nutrients, I guess the turtles are just cutting out the middle man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here, take a look at my turtles devouring my turtle conditioner:
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah the manufacturers must have kept that in mind so u wouldn't have to worry about it..and don't feel guilty u are giving them exactly what they need for their diet,,turtles are pigs sometimes when it come to food that's all :)
poppyduce
Level 2
Level 2

That pic of yours wiping theirs out too makes me feel alot better, thought maybe I had missed something. So do you drop one in whenever you notice it is gone, cuz that is what I have been doing. Have resorted to buying them in quantity! Thanks for the info. Guess my little piggys are doing what they should be doing!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I really only put one in when I can remember, which usually is about a month, maybe two. I don't remember reading how often to put them in, it may say it, I just don't remember, darn this old age :lol: :lol:
  • Information