my turtles a gymnist

Discussions about turtles.
beckyhoang

HI. my 2 and a half year old redear slider has been flipping over alot lately. i guess he wants to escape and tries so hard that he accidentally flips on his shell. I noticed a red bumping line on his forehead. i think its due to the constant falling over. what can i do about this. He wants to go out,but i can\'t \"walk\" him like i walk my dog. and how can i get rid of this bump. thanks !
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

As for the bump, if it isn\'t bleeding, I would leave it alone, you may do more damage than good if you mess with it, if it really bothers you, just take it to the vet to make sure he didn\'t hurt anything important other than his pride:D:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

No, letting him walk on a cold wooden floor is a bad idea. The turtle could catch a cold due to breezes. And yes, turtles are lightspeed.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I was actually thinking carpetwise:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ok so ur turtle is an explorer and wants to know what outside looks like,,why not? :)
i put my turtles on the couch and surround them with cushions so they don\'t fall,,they like it and they also get a good exercise climbing up the cushions..sometimes i put them on a carpet and build a fence of books so they don\'t get under furniture..he\'ll enjoy it

but there\'s one thing u should know,,turtles should have water deep enough so they can get back to the right position by themselves if they flip on their backs..if ur turtle had enough water then it wouldn\'t get injured..it\'ll enjoy swimming too cz sliders are great swimmers..raise the water level gradually so he doesn\'t drown and u\'ll notice the difference..

good luck:)
beckyhoang

thanks everyone. much appreciated !
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

anytime:)
  • Information