What kind of turtle do i have ????

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
kittymeow283

I just recently got a turtle. When i got him the guy said he was a red ear slider but he looks nothing like a red ear slider. He also has a piece of his belly that looks like its peeling off. Please HELP!!!!!!
ImageG]
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

for the peeling on the plastron it can be shedding(i can\'t see in the pic)..did ur turtle grow lately? if it look like a thin layer of a nail,it\'s shedding..don\'t worry it\'s completly normal...:)
Last edited by yaya on Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kittymeow283

I found this picture and this really looks like my turtle Maybe you guys can help and see if you see a similar diffrence in these pics. The name of this turtle that i found is a niquaruguan american slider.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

what a cute baby! he\'s so lovely:)

it is probably a slider but there are many different kinds of sliders but definately it\'s not a RES at all..well, the good thing is that at least u know it\'s a slider and will know the basic care he needs..

good luck:)
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

it might be cause of ur pic but ur turtle seem to have more orange color then the other pic u post back...i\'m still confident about the belize slider...but i\'m no expert!! i\'m pretty sure the pattern on the plastron would be a good indication for is family...but anyhow it\'s look like a slider but it\'s for sure it is not a res...
  • Information