Angry little Poe...

Discussions about turtles.
LyricistJen26

So I am new here...
My turtles name is Poe. I assume he is a boy...though in a year I may find out I\'m wrong. Poe is still quite a little one...not a baby, but still very small. He\'s an aquatic (slider)..very adorable. Poe is very aggressive! He likes to imitate a snapping turtle when I pick him up to clean out his tank or to show him to my girlfriend. Or just have him out for a bit...He\'s always trying to bite...So I was wondering if anyone else has ever gone through this with their little ones , or know any possible ways to change the behavior. I\'d love to hear back soon. Thank you!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I have actually wanted to see mine do that to my finger, just curiosity to see how hard they bite, I guess, I would say to handle your turtle more so that it gets used to you handling it, eventually it should get used to being moved in and out of its tank.:D
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

mine thought my finger was food once and bit it. it didn\'t hurt at all. it scared me more than anything else because i wasn\'t looking when he did it. it was my fault for putting my finger in his face, anyway!

maybe your little guy is going through puberty and finds it necessary to prove his masculinity to you. ;)
evilnissan
Level 2
Level 2

One of my RES\'s Jan bit my girlfriend a few weeks ago and almost brought blood.

She was surprised about how hard she bit and how sharp here \"beak\" is.

My 2 res\'s are night and day.

Jan come up to the glass and will track you back and forth and will just about take food out of your fingers. Now when handling her she will stick her head out some. I sat her on the coffee table last time and she sat there for a second then took off running and fell of the table.

GoGo will come up to the glass when its feeding time or hungry but usualy swims like crazy around the tank trying to hide under the filter. When handling he hides in his shell.
  • Information