i think one of mine keeps throwing up

Discussions about turtles.
daydreamin88

I have three turtles, and the past couple of days I have to keep cleaning off the top surface of the water because there is lots of stuff that pretty much looks like digested food. It keeps happening a while after i feed them.. I tried to watch them to see if I see one of them up chuck, but nothing.. has this happend to anyone before? anyone got any suggestions?
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

do you have a filter? without a filter a slime will be produced on the surface of the water very quickly.
isabelle

im just using this to get an answer and maybe trigger something since the slime could happen so fast could it also be too much food? always depending on the food (pellets) anyways catch you all soon.
daydreamin88

no, i know what slime is like.. this is like shredded food kinda.. and i keep removing it like every couple of hours.. oh and i do have a filter. and there is also some foamy stuff around the sides too, which ive seen before, but not as bad as it is now, with the shredded food
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

isabelle wrote:
im just using this to get an answer and maybe trigger something since the slime could happen so fast could it also be too much food? always depending on the food (pellets) anyways catch you all soon.
i used to get the slime when i didn\'t have a filter and i didn\'t feed my guy in the tank. i don\'t think that the slime is linked to the food. although, the food MIGHT increase the production of the slime. i don\'t know though, because i\'ve never fed my turtles in their tank.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

daydreamin88 wrote:
no, i know what slime is like.. this is like shredded food kinda.. and i keep removing it like every couple of hours.. oh and i do have a filter. and there is also some foamy stuff around the sides too, which ive seen before, but not as bad as it is now, with the shredded food
okay, then sorry. i have no idea what that might be. i would try feeding your turtles out of the tank and see if it still happens. just a suggestion. sorry i couldn\'t help.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

It may mean that you need to change the water more frequently, I change the water once a week, I keep coming up with ways to do it easier(lazy I guess), how often do you change your water, it is not enough to just get a filter, the filter will only take out the particles that you can see, there is still a whole world of things in your water that can\'t be taken out by the filter, Pee for one, you have to remember that they do everything in the water, eat,drink,pee,poop.:D
  • Information