Turtle shells

Discussions about turtles.
scooter

I just \'inherted\' 2 red ears. I have found your home info. very helpful and am working on getting them set up correctly. They have lived for months in unfit conditions- I hope I am not too late.
The middle of their shells are losing their color. Does this mean they are sick? We are already attached, but I would like to distance my heart a bit if they aren\'t going to make it. Do you have any advice?
Thanks-
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

just the middle of their shells are losing color? it is nothing by normal for a turtle to lose its color as it ages. i have a baby that is 2 months old and a \"big boy\" that is all of 8 months old and the 8 month old has a lot less elaborate colors than the baby.

are these spots soft? i believe if they are soft, this is the only time to worry.

get attached, they need your love! thanks for being a great person and rescuing them!
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

I agree. I wouldn\'t be too worried unless the spots are soft. I don\'t have much experience with turtle sickness though. My turtles have always been healthy thank God! :)
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

toxiceagle2007 wrote:
I agree. I wouldn\'t be too worried unless the spots are soft. I don\'t have much experience with turtle sickness though. My turtles have always been healthy thank God! :)
you better knock on wood! ;)

but in all seriousness, you\'re lucky to have healthy turtles!
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah...I have been lucky. I ordered them from artsofnature.com, I was surprized that they came in such good health.
scooter

Thanks for the encouragement.
The spots are not soft--what a relief!
I\'m so glad I found this website!
  • Information