Apple Snail

Discussion about all of your other pets here.
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone else have apple snails? I was wondering if they will produce any baby snails. The more free food, the merrier. My guppy population seemed to about triple in a day or so!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I have been wanting to get some snails, but what I want to get are the trapdoor snails, apple snails have to come up for air after a while, but the trapdoor snails don\'t, they get thier oxygen from the water, also their offspring come out live and not in egg form like others, and one last thing that I like, if you see your snails hanging around the surface of the water, it is time to change the water:D:D
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

i always buy apple snails but usually the turtle eat them in a couple days...so never seen baby\'s yet but i try to.. i put 2 snails in my feeder fish tank..it\'s been 1 month already and no sign of anything....still hoping:D
but if u look around(in another post,don\'t remember where)someone got baby and post a pic of the eggs...i pretty sure it was apple snail...
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

My turtles don\'t seem to interested in the apple snail or the black mystery snails lurking around. I put in 3 black mystery snails in the tank about a month ago and they\'re still kickin.....i thought I was giving them a gourmet treat, but I guess it wasn\'t up to par :p
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

That\'s ok, the snails will eat anything that your turtles drop, so it is still a good deal, whether they get eaten or not:D
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Sadly, my turtle hit a growth spurt, growing as big as my apple snail, and ate him. My pleco too! I'll just need to buy a bigger pleco. or maybe three or four smaller plecos.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah, you know what they say, "there is power in numbers", or at least safety :lol: :lol: :lol:
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

that is not true with a turtle :lol:
even if i got 6,7 apple snails(black mystery snail are apple snail too,just a different kind) if ur turtle is bigger,they will be eat in no time...
they only thing who's survive with my turtle is those "false siamese algea eater"...they just too quick for the turtle....(but they get leasy when they got too big)
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Stray, I love your avatar of crush from finding nemo! :D
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks, I made you one of your own, but you never put it on...didn't like it???
  • Information