I\'m confused.

Ask questions, discussions about turtle feeding (various food, vitamins, minerals, etc.)
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

I got two really small turtles about a year ago. One of them seems to have grown, but the other one it\'s almost the same size. Does he need vitamins or more food? Thanks for your time. Luis
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

well, i wouldnt worry about it. a year isnt very long for a turtle. but i would recommend going to the pet store and buying \"reptivite\" or any other brand of reptile vitamins. all you have to do is take a cooked piece of meat (no larger than the turtles head) and dip it in the vitamins. put it in the tank by the turtle and usually turtles love cooked meat.

good luck
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, isn\'t cooked meat bad for turtles?
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

Cooked meat is fine for turtles to eat. Its the raw meat that you have to be careful of. Good luck. BTW...I have two red ear sliders, and one has grown a lot, but the other one has stayed small. I wouldn\'t worry too much, before too long, you\'ll be wishing they hadn\'t grown at all :)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Too true:D, I wish mine will stay small and cute, but who among us has stayed small and cute, certainly not me, neither actually :D:D, some people are lucky to stay cute, but we all will get old, some of us are already there:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information