Fighting question

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
jessicarabbit

I have two RES, male and female. They are about 2 years old. the male is much larger then the female (he eats alot more) and the female has been biting the feet of my male. She is causing him to bleed and he is afraid of her now. I have been treating his wounds daily but she is hurting him more. Any suggestions??
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

You might have to separate the two of them, but that can get expensive having two tanks. Depending on the size of your tank, I have seen people put a divider with holes in it in the tank. The holes insure that you would only need one filter/heater. You\'d have to buy a second basking lamp though
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hmmm,,this is the aggressiveness of females but the confusing thing is that usually males are smaller in size especially that urs are the same age???

anyways, the best way is to seperate them (unfortunately)..but there\'s something u can try if u like to..my female did the same with the male so i seperated them for a while..she went to a small rubbermaid while he stayed in the bigger tank..after few days, i put her back so now she feels she is the intruder and had to act as a polite guest..it worked with me but my turtles were a couple of months old so i don\'t know if it works with older turtles..

r u the the female is the female and the male is the male?? maybe u mixed them up and the thing is that the male is trying to mate???
  • Information